- Between 1997 and 2020 there is an increasing trend in the number of Dutch scientific publications.
- The medical cluster shows the greatest growth in the number of scientific publications.
- Universities affiliated with a university medical center have the most scientific publications.
How did the volume of Dutch university scientific publications develop between 1997 and 2020?
|Humanities||Behavioural & social sciences||Medical sciences||Science & engineering|
Since 2003, the number of scientific publications from universities shows an increasing trend. This development is due to considerable growth in the number of Medical science publications. In the period 1997-2020 the share of this cluster in the total publication-output increased from 29% tot 39%. The share of the clusters Behavioural & Social Sciences and Humanities has decreased during this period. The share of the Behavioural & Social sciences decreased from 28% to 20% of total publication output, the share of the Humanities decreased from 11% to 7%. The share of the cluster Science and engineering increased between 1997 and 2008 (from 33% to 39%), but decreased after 2010 to 34%.
How many scientific publications were published per Dutch university in 2020?
Of all universities, the universities of Amsterdam, Groningen and Utrecht have the largest output of scientific publications in 2020. They all include an university medical centre. All universities show an increase in the number of scientific publications from 1997 onwards.
Onderzoeksoutput universiteiten vanaf 1997
file type xlsx - file size 40.1 KB
- PhD-theses by Dutch universities
- Publication output by scientific field, international benchmark (WoS)
- Scientific publication output per university (WoS)
- Scientific publications in the Netherlands by institutional sector (WoS)
- Scientific publications, international benchmark (WoS)
- NWO and KNAW institutes: scientific publication output and citation impact (WoS)
- Top 1% and top 10% cited (WoS)
- Development of the scientific research profile of the Netherlands